Carrots, organic, local, PURPLE!
Did you know that prior to the 17th century carrots were purple, not orange?
Tasting slightly sweeter than the common orange variety, consuming purple carrots may improve your health in several ways.
- Rich in antioxidants known as anthocyanins that help fight stress
- Loaded with alpha-carotene, beta-carotene and vitamin A which help guard against cancer.
- Helps regulate blood insulin level to keep glucose under control
- Anti-inflammatory properties that help to prevent heart diseases and reduce the production of bad cholesterol in the blood
- Low in calories and high in dietary fiber, helps with weight control
Epidemiological studies suggest that eating carrots daily can dramatically prevent lung disease (including in smokers), strokes, and vascular disease. Also great for juicing!